Finished Quilts

Sunday 9 January 2011

crazy crazy crazy quilt....

oops..got my big hair metal head on there for a moment!  Apologies to the easily offended :)  Blame it on my tumble down the stairs on Jan 2nd - I haven't been quite right since!

I've finally finished Jo's b-day quilt top - drum roll please....

crazy nine patch madness
 Apologies also for not showing Laughing Boy's legs in this photo - it's quite a big quilt top and I think he was not entirely 100% focussed on the job in hand (sport on TV at the time).  I'm really pleased to have finally finished this top and I am prepared enough to have the backing fabric - some Amy Butler Love I bought in the Saints & Pinners sale (always excellent and speedy service)


Just waiting for the wadding (really pleased that Mandy from Simply Solids is doing wadding by the metre now too) and then we'll be good to go.  Not sure how I'm gonna quilt this baby - I'm not brave enough to try free motion quilting on a present quilt just yet so I need to have a think.  Hand quilting may be the order of the day....  I'll get back to you on that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment