Finished Quilts

Monday 14 March 2011

mums rock!

Intense discussions are underway with my sewing mojo, in a brave attempt to negotiate a return to normal service.  It's tough but I think we're getting somewhere!

In the meantime, I'm mentioned Laughing Boy's mum a couple of times in my blog.  Well, she is called Carol and is quite adorable.  For her 60th birthday last year, we bought her a sewing machine and she has become quite intoxicated with quilting.  So I thought I would showcase some of her work here.  Carol has taken some english piecing patchwork classes and is way more technically proficient than I am (I know it's not a competition!) so here are some of the results of her classes:


Aren't they good?  Now, we have the odd differences of opinion when it comes to fabric choices but she is much more accurate than me and is showing me a thing or two.  Carol's also finished her first full quilt, using a free pattern from http://www.modabakeshop.com/


if you look hard enough you can see Laughing Boy's legs!

Pretty neat, huh?

My mum and dad came down for a visit this weekend (thank you guys  it was lovely to have you) and mama p asked me to make a bag for her friend's 70th birthday.  [Her friend is also called Carol - I'm sensing a theme!]  So, despite the ongoing mojo negotiations, a truce was called and we rustled up a bag using a small satchel pattern from Keyka Lou in the time that it took Scotland to valiantly grab defeat from the jaws of victory against England in the rugby.
expertly ironed and modelled by mama p
I think this is the first thing I have made all year!  And, you know, it wasn't so bad......

1 comment:

  1. Carol's blocks look good!
    And the bag is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete