Finished Quilts

Tuesday 22 November 2011

574, 575, 576...

...here I go, ready or not!


In this hat box are 576 grey lined colour squares that now need to be sewn together to make Lolo's city green quilt. I've included a couple of patterned fabrics to give it a little zhoosh (fingers crossed!).  Each wee pile represents a different colour so as you can see there is a lot of shades of green from all ends of the spectrum, along with some contrasting purples and whites.  Having given the box a big ol' shake, I've started picking randomly and chain piecing them together  (first time I've tried this and it's working for me).  The recipe says sew blocks of six then sew four blocks together to make one one long row but I'm kinda thinking of sewing the four blocks to make a bigger patch to make the whole thing easier to handle.

Here's my first attempt at a block:


One down, 96 to go.....

PS. I know I shouldn't and I said I wouldn't but I can't resist

scary stary eyes... he does smile sometimes
If you are interested, the wee man has embraced Movember this month - check out his progress and perhaps make a wee donation to a good cause?  http://mobro.co/hgps

1 comment:

  1. you are sooooo talented!!! that baby is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete