It is always an exciting run up to Amy's Bloggers' Quilt Festival - I really look forward to seeing all the quilts and being inspired to make more, better ones myself. I have only submitted one quilt of my own before, as last year I did nowt but grow a baby. I had great hopes for this year but so far, although I've started 4 or 5 quilts, I have only managed to finish one. Kitty's quilt was about to be submitted when I re-read Amy's directions and decided to submit this one instead....
|hand tied with french knots|
|amy butler and patty young combo|
My reasons for choosing this quilt include:
- This was the second quilt I ever made (the first was a small crib quilt) so I always think of it as my first and I still get a kick out of seeing it.
- Finishing this gave me the quilting bug. It taught me patience and showed me that I could actually see something through to the end.
- It is blue linen hand tied with hundreds of french knots and backed with a great colour combo I think
- I must have bought 20 yards of fabric before deciding on these two - and my stash was born! Of course a lot of that fabric remains folded neatly still waiting to be used
- The quilt is about 50" wide so I had to piece the Patty Young fabric together and managed to line up the moths almost perfectly. You have to hunt to find the seam - I was so chuffed!
Having sat in a corner since it was finished, this quilt is now the wee man's sleep rug, play mat and general comforter. It is much loved by our wee family and I am so glad I made it - in many ways it changed my life.