Finished Quilts

Monday 29 October 2012

USOs

I have soo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o many things on my sewing "to do" list that it's stopped me in my tracks and I need to refocus and reprioritise.  Do you ever get like that?  Too many new ideas that you want to start now but it stops you doing anything.  Anyway, no sewing of any substance took place this weekend, which is a real shame as I had most of Saturday to myself to do some. 

As a way of clearing my head, I spent some of the time drooling over the lovely quilts on show in the BQF Fall 2012. Of course, I now have a much expanded "to do" list for 2013! One of the posts I read directed me to the Herring Run Quilters' Guild website and the following:

FUN QUILTING ABBREVIATIONS!

Here are short versions of quilter conversations:
  • NESY: Not even started yet
  • FQ: fat quarter
  • LQS: local quilt shop
  • FART: Fabric Acquisition Road Trip
  • FIU: Finish It Up
  • HSY: Haven't Started Yet
  • OBW: one-block wonder
  • PIGS: projects in grocery sacks
  • PIPS: projects in process
  • SABLE: Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy
  • SEX: Stash Enhancement Expedition
  • UFO: UnFinished Object
  • USO: UnStarted Object
  • VIP: Very Important Project
  • WHIMM: Works Hidden In My Mind
  • WIP: Work in Progress
  • WIWMI: Wish It Would Make Itself
  • WOMBAT: Waste of Money, Batting, and Time
  • WWIT: What Was I Thinking
  • WISP: Work In Slow Progress
  • WIVSP: Work In Very Slow Progress

It made me giggle and remember this from an old The Bitchy Stitcher post.

I'm hoping to finish at least one WIP and tackle one USO this week!


 

5 comments:

  1. In a conversation with Amy a few months ago we coined "BABO" - Basting and Binding Outstanding. I often get stuck at this stage.

    I often get stuck at the Borders stage as well, which I suppose would make 3Bs, so could be the Quilting Star Wars droid C3BO - Crap, BordersBastingBinding Outstanding....

    A recent problem I have found after starting a blog is BIOS - Blogging Instead Of Sewing. Speaking of which, I am going to go and say hello my sewing machine right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget PhD's = Project half done and I am so PROUD to tell people I have several PhD's in sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done a few WOMBATS ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol love these.... just about everything I do is WIVSP....

    ReplyDelete