Finished Quilts

Tuesday 13 November 2012

secret santa

Working from home has its advantages (bad hair days, comfy trousers, no-one to comment on the cake consumption, time to focus).  Of course the down sides include lack of comment on cake consumption, trying to see your screen through the cat, the ironing pile falling on your head, and, in my case, sharing your "home office" with your sewing space and fabric stash.  It just calls to me.....I am sometimes powerless to resist.  I would like to think I am not alone in this.

But I was a good girl for most of yesterday and managed to get a big chunk done before my thoughts turned to Christmas and my festive to do list.  I have been working on a bunch of secret pressies for the family so can't go into much detail until after the big day.  I did finish the gift bags yesterday though...


Jeni's drawstring bag pattern, of course
I've used this pattern a lot this year (LOVE!) but these four were the most challenging so far due to the lining.  I won't say too much just now but I will give eternal thanks to the wonder of spray starch!  Now to make the presents to go inside using these beauties....

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, cake:-) Go on, you deserve it. Lovely bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bags are very cool! Your family members will love whatever you make them...It would be so nice to work from home...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you *have* been working hard! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sewing christmas stuff is work! Love those bucks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look awesome!! To me, the bag BE the gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have eaten a quarter of my mum's coffee and walnut cake today #justcantstopmyself.... Your bags are beautiful and I may have to submit to the Decoro soon - it's calling me! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bags are gorgeous. Cake eating is good for the soul even if it isn't for the body! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bags look lovely :) Slightly jealous of pyjamas and cake at work...

    ReplyDelete