- I very rarely use pins. Maybe when I'm sewing large strips to each other and need them to line up properly, I'll use a couple of pins in the middle. I probably should use more but really who can be bothered?
- I don't press, I iron. I start out with really good intentions
every timesometimes but always end up ironing.
- I rarely iron my fabrics before I cut them up. It causes me problems but if I'd realised how much ironing was involved, I may not have taken up this hobby/obsession.
- I hate the cutting part, including trimming. I rarely cut everything out before I start sewing. Hugely inefficient but required for my sanity's sake.
- I hate clashy clashy. It makes my head hurts. Which leads to....
- Kaffe Fassett is definitely NOT my bag. And I'm not too bothered about Amy Butler either *ducks head*
- Machine binding is not for me. I hate doing it and I dislike the look of it. I'm a hand binder, get over it.
- I've had a 12.5 inch square ruler for nearly 4 years now and have only just worked out how the markings work. This discovery was made after trimming bee blocks this afternoon, hence my current foul mood.
- Applique Shmapplique. And while we're at it wonk shmonk! Of course, my fear of cutting and general stupidity with rulers means that I unintentionally wonk. So maybe that should be intentional wonk shmintentional shmonk.
- One of my most treasured things is a mini quilt I got in Brit Quilt Swap and I've just signed up for Curly Boy's IG mini quilt swap because I can't see a bandwagon without jumping on. But mini quilts...what is point? #contrarymary #thron
Have a look around blogland and you'll see that your own quilty little secrets may be more common that you think!